*** TVReviewland.com earns commissions on qualifying purchases made through affiliate links ***
If you are reading this, you are probably wondering, ‘what is Amazon Prime Pantry? This fresh review will cover everything you need to know about this grocery service and make it easier for you to decide if it is right for you.
There is an important reason why the people at Amazon disrupted the retail landscape. They save you a trip to a brick and mortar store and take from you the frustration of finding that the thing you really, really want is out of stock.
Amazon offers convenience and variety, and they are looking to extend your online shopping experience to groceries.
Enter Prime Pantry. Amazon says that for a monthly fee, you can get your groceries at low prices and have them delivered at competitive shipping rates. Let us have a look at how the service works.
What is Amazon Prime Pantry? Signing up and getting started
You need to have an Amazon Prime membership to take advantage of Prime Pantry, which is great if you are a member who already enjoys the perks of Amazon Prime. With your annual subscription fee, you get to enjoy two-day delivery, Prime music and Prime video. You also get to enjoy Prime Pantry as an added bonus, and at no extra charge.
How does it work?
People who use Prime Pantry choose the service for its convenience and affordable shipping. To use the Prime Pantry, you start by logging in as a prime member and visiting the prime pantry page. You proceed to fill your shopping cart with the items offered under the Prime Pantry banner. Once you are done shopping, all the items you bought are packed in a Pantry Box and shipped to you.
This is how Amazon charges for shipping:
- They charge a flat fee for deliveries that cost less than a certain amount set by Amazon
- Delivery is free for a Pantry Box that exceeds that minimum amount
- If you pay an extra fee over and above your Amazon Prime subscription, Amazon will lower the minimum amount you need to spend on a pantry box in order to qualify for free shipping
You should know that only items that are offered under the Pantry program qualify for lower shipping costs. Everything else is shipped at standard rates.
Where does Prime Pantry ship to?
The program is only available to Amazon Prime members in the continental U.S. This service is yet to extend its coverage to other places.
It is worth noting that it takes about four days for the delivery to reach your doorstep, and this should give you an idea of the kinds of things that you can order through this service.
When to use Prime Pantry
The service is convenient for people who cannot make it to the grocery store for some reason or the other. It is also a great way to buy products that you otherwise would not find at your local grocery store.
That said, Prime Pantry does not deliver perishables like produce or cuts of meat. They focus on foods that have long shelf lives and other household consumables. Which is just as well because perishable items would not keep for the four days it takes to get the Pantry Box to your front door.
- The Prime Pantry program is convenient
- You get to buy things that may not be available at your local grocery store
- It is sometimes cheaper to shop from Prime Pantry than it is to shop from regular Amazon
- You can enjoy free shipping for a Pantry Box whose cost exceeds a set amount of money
- This service is only for Prime members
- It is only available in the continental US
- You will not find many generic or luxury products when you shop with Prime Pantry
Should you try it?
If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you should absolutely take advantage of Prime Pantry and enjoy free shipping when you do your monthly or bi-weekly grocery shipping. There are cost savings to be made with this program. Click here to learn more about Amazon prime pantry or to try it out for free.