*** TVReviewland.com earns commissions on qualifying purchases made through affiliate links ***
Ready for our Hisense U7H review? Hisense continues to carve space in the TV niche, and its 2022 U7H series delivers more than you would expect from a low-priced television. It comes with the company’s proprietary ULED technologies to give your excellent motion handling and picture quality.
The U7H also comes with features you wouldn’t expect to find in a budget TV, like its hands-free voice control that allows you to change channels, search for interesting content, or replay one of your favorite movies effortlessly. Let’s jump into our Hisense U7H review to see how this television compares to similarly priced alternatives.
Hisense U7H review: First thoughts
The U7H series TV has a bezel-free design on its top and sides, giving it a slick, premium look, and a thin bezel on the bottom gives it a little flair. There’s a small protrusion on the bottom of the TV that houses the infrared sensor, four Google Assistant LED indicators, a mute mic switch, and a far-field microphone array.
The U7H series come with two V-shaped legs that provide decent stability. There are VESA mounting holes on the TV’s back if you’re the wall-mounting type.
Ports and controls
The power cable for the U7H series plugs into a port on the TV’s back panel (the right side, to be specific). All the remaining ports are on the TV’s left side. It comes with two USB ports (one 3.0) and one 2.0), four HDMI ports (one eARC and two 4k120), an antenna/cable connector, headphone output, three 3.5mm composite input video ports, an optical audio output, and an ethernet port. It has a black wand remote with a large circular navigation pad near the top.
The U7H is loaded with more features than you would expect for a TV at its prime point. It has almost all of the capabilities you would find in high-end TVs released in 2022. Some of the more noteworthy features of the U7H include:
- 4k ULED: Hisense’s proprietary technology delivers excellent brightness, contrast, motion handling, and color
- Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos: These two advanced cinema technologies produce immersive audio that allows you to get lost in the content you’re watching
- QLED: The U7H uses QLED technology to produce rich, accurate colors that are significantly better than what the best LED TVs can produce
- 1,000-nits & Local dimming: The UH7 uses up to 128 local dimming zones to produce high-quality HDR content
- Game Mode Pro: The UH7 gives you an impressive 120Hz refresh rate that’s perfect for gaming. With two HDMI 2.1 ports, this TV is compatible with the latest gaming consoles like the PlayStation 5
- Perfect for gaming
- Google Smart TV interface
- Lots of ports for all your devices
- Excellent value for the price
- Hand-free controls
- A bit more expensive than the U6H lineup
Hisense U7H review verdict: In a class of its own
The U7H TV gives you a lot more than other budget TVs do. It’s an impressive TV in terms of picture quality, design, and smart features. With a 120Hz native refresh rate, it’s also the perfect TV for gamers. Add a soundbar to it, and you pretty much have a premium TV. Click here to learn more about this television.